The Hall of Botched Records
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

StarCraft-based Sci-Fi RP Interest Thread

2 posters

Go down

StarCraft-based Sci-Fi RP Interest Thread Empty StarCraft-based Sci-Fi RP Interest Thread

Post by Seretis January 9th 2019, 14:30

So, I've been derping around some more with the home-brew-ish StarCraft RP stuff that I ran previously for Caulder. Mostly expanding options somewhat and making a few additions. Decided that I'd throw up an interest thread, to see if anyone might be interested in helping me do some test runs. The basis for the crunchy bits is the old-style White Wolf World of Darkness ruleset, for those curious.

EDIT: Just a reminder, don't try to have a fully completed character in your mind before I post sheet info. And before anyone starts complaining, YES there is a specific reason for me saying this.

Last edited by Seretis on January 19th 2019, 10:54; edited 1 time in total
Seretis
Seretis
Admin
Admin

https://hallofbotchedrecords.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

StarCraft-based Sci-Fi RP Interest Thread Empty Re: StarCraft-based Sci-Fi RP Interest Thread

Post by Shrike7 January 11th 2019, 20:02

Is it anything like the freeform stuff from hope's chat that happened to be starcraft themed?

I do admit, I am interested to see some of these mechanics, but the name drop and setting together do not make me excited, to be frank. It definitely wasn't my style, back then.
Shrike7
Shrike7
Timmy
Timmy

Back to top Go down

StarCraft-based Sci-Fi RP Interest Thread Empty Re: StarCraft-based Sci-Fi RP Interest Thread

Post by Seretis January 11th 2019, 21:05

In all likelihood, it won't be anything like what was in Hope's chat. I wasn't involved, so I can't say for certain. And while the logs for the previous run I did are up, be advised that I was actually doing the crunchy bits in a separate deal, so the rolls and such did not get saved to the logs.

Granted, I am probably going to be running this run via forum threads, and likely would have a separate thread for the rolls and what-not. Also will, in all honesty, I might deviate from a strictly StarCraft setting slightly.

EDIT: For clarification, the deviations are likely going to be of the "taking an element from here-or-there, and adapting it to fit" rather than actual cross-overing.

Last edited by Seretis on January 23rd 2019, 23:34; edited 1 time in total
Seretis
Seretis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seretis January 11th 2019, 23:25

Okay, a couple more bits of information.

For those who had read-through the old logs in the Narrative Shelves, this new thing isn't going to be connected at all with the old run. I am planning for it to be in the same time-frame: Between the end of Brood War and the beginning of StarCraft 2.

Also, I'm hoping for 3-5, although I could make do with just 2 players. Current plan is for things to run on the forum, although depending I might run on Discord. However, if I do, it'll have the restriction of all players have to be in a voice chat and mic'ed up.

There is going to be a custom character sheet for this, which I'll share when I get enough interest, thus being ready for character creation.
Seretis
Seretis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seretis February 15th 2019, 12:44

Okay, so here's where things are sitting... I've got two possibles and two outside maybes... My plan is, whether things end up run on the forum or voice chat, to try to get everyone interested together at some point for a sit-down to go over a couple of things and maybe work out characters.

Obviously, I'll need to know when people are going to be available. One of the possibles, I already know on.
Seretis
Seretis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike7 February 16th 2019, 02:00

Most early evenings, probably around dinner your time. weekdays are easier than weekends, but you should be able to poke me for an update most any time on discord.
Shrike7
Shrike7
Timmy
Timmy

Back to top Go down

Post by Seretis April 2nd 2019, 01:50

This may have already been guessed at, but... I goofed. Turns out my big plan for what I was going to do, plot-wise, isn't going to work out. So, this is currently on hold while I develop a new idea.

Not dead, just in stasis for now.
Seretis
Seretis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seretis December 10th 2019, 16:09

Okay... So I'm sure by now that I'm going to have to re-acquire any interest at all in this, but...

I've finally got something in mind for this that isn't going to just fall apart due to giant plot holes, so... Trying again with it. Third time, yadda yadda...

IF this gets off the ground this time, I'm looking at running it either via Tabletop Simulator + Discord VC, or maybe through threads here. As previously discussed with some of the interested parties last time, I'm not adverse to anyone in a voice chat wanting to use voice-changer software... Just clear the setup you want to use with me first so we hopefully won't have anything ear-grating in use.

As for characters, same as last attempt... Using a bit of a homebrewed deal based very heavily off of some of the older White Wolf systems. Also, the actual character setup will be done kind of co-operatively with me, as I'm thinking about having characters start out slightly experienced, and certain answers to questions I'll ask as part of it will help determine what bonuses beyond initial starting stuff you get. ...And before anyone whines about it, yes. Unless the player wants to start out with a less experienced character, everyone should be starting with close to the same options.

There's also been a couple of additions into the Enhancements and Powers reference thread.
Seretis
Seretis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike7 December 23rd 2019, 15:28

I did look into voice change software a while back, it could be manageable, but I'd still prefer written, I'm just better at it. I'm also pretty hard to schedule for a live session these days, but I will try, if that's how it goes.
Shrike7
Shrike7
Timmy
Timmy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down