The Hall of Botched Records
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tibet, unknown location

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tibet, unknown location - Page 2 Empty Re: Tibet, unknown location

Post by SiphonTalvesh September 26th 2019, 05:34

The troll wasn't pleased, and seemed to be going even more berserk if that was possible. It swung wildly, and while she made progress with it, she wasn't going to outlast it from the looks of it. It lunged sideways unexpectedly, trying to crush her with it's weight against one of the stone walls, however the earth chose that moment to shake violently, causing her to stumble forward trying to regain her balance.

The troll nearly went down, staggering forward and now behind her so to speak. Due to it's size, it was having a hard time getting it's balance back. And that's when Winona noticed it, for the moment, had it's back to her, and had a chunk of exposed 'innards' on the back of it's neck, as if something had attacked it and torn free some of the skin. If she could move fast enough, she might be able to attack there and drive a spike deep enough to pierce it's brain and end this...

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike7 September 27th 2019, 15:13

With six remaining limbs to steady herself, Winona had little trouble catching her balance and avoiding the off-balance troll. Her eyes narrowed on the wounded spot on it's neck, and before it could catch itself, she pounced, latching on an biting down on the exposed flesh. Her fangs sunk in easily, and she flooded the troll with her venom,  the potent knockout toxin slowing it's struggles until it was overcome, slumping to the ground and starting to snore.

Slipping off before she would be caught under it's bulk, she glanced over at Chris and smiled, examining her broken legs before starting to shift back to human. "It will be out until long after we're gone, unless we want to try and help it somehow." She said, looking around for their invisible third.
Shrike7
Shrike7
Timmy
Timmy

Back to top Go down

Post by SiphonTalvesh October 7th 2019, 15:44

The Troll flailed as she injected it, eventually succumbing, but probably hurting itself more in the process as it tried, and failed to smash her against the roof.  It was too weakened to do so though, collapsing to the floor.  Right as Winona landed, she heard snapping bone as Chris broke the neck of the other Troll, ending the fight.  He shook his head at her words.

"I don't know that we can help it.  At this point we could leave him, but this virus or whatever it is will almost certainly kill it anyway."

A moment later, Clara became visible, shaking her head.

"I really need to learn how to fight like you guys.  Things get like this and all I can do is hide until it goes away, makes me feel ...  well, a bit useless at times."

Chris paused a moment before responding.

"Well I'm sure we could arrange something to help you train.  And you aren't useless.  And to be fair to you, your strength is more stealth based, which we can teach you how to use properly to defend yourself.  Against a foe like this, most other abnormals would have had to retreat anyway Clara.  Winona and I can match them muscle wise, plus Winona's a bit more agile than these guys.  Besides, if what I understood from Nikola about these tests is right, we're going to be utterly useless in helping you get your key piece, so have fun with letting us hear that eh?"

Clara actually laughed at the last bit.

"I'll remember that.  That just made my day.  Alright, let's go find this thing before something bigger decides to try and eat us again."

Last edited by SiphonTalvesh on October 20th 2019, 14:55; edited 1 time in total

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike7 October 9th 2019, 16:51

As before when she had separated to search the surface, Winona appeared slimmer now than she had before the fight, almost gaunt, and though her human form appeared uninjured, she moved as if winded.

"Chris and those trolls are both stronger than me at my best. An order of magnitude would be exaggerating, but not by much. It is important to know your limits, but by pressing them, the things you can accomplish are great." She intoned, smiling over at the other woman. Even that seemed pained. "Play to your strengths. And yes, we should keep moving."
Shrike7
Shrike7
Timmy
Timmy

Back to top Go down

Post by SiphonTalvesh October 20th 2019, 15:11

Both of them nodded, and moved out with her. They hadn't gone terribly far when the entire area shook like there was a Violent Earthquake. It didn't last long, only a few seconds, but it was enough to throw all of them off balance for a moment. When it was over, Clara shot a worried look over to them.

"That felt like everything around us was shifting, like this place is barely standing. Anyone see anything on the walls to indicate an issue? Your sight is better than mine, both of you."

Chris for his part was already checking around, but like Winona, he would find nothing to indicate a structural issue. At least not in this area anyway. Given the shaking and the violence of it, that was somewhat surprising that the stone hadn't been damaged.

"Not seeing anything, but that was a lot of force behind that shaking. Felt like it came from deep below us though, not from the fortress shifting. Whatever caused it though, we should keep an eye open just in case."

Clara nodded, then froze for a moment.

"You don't think any of the others ...."

Chris shook his head almost instantly.

"Not for a single second. Besides, of the areas we've been to, this one is probably in the 'worst' shape, and it's fine. That being said, let's finish this just in case that wasn't the only tremor on the menu for today."

Clara nodded, picking up her pace and moving forward. A quick glance from Winona though would reveal to her that Chris was in fact slightly worried, though Clara wouldn't be able to tell, mostly because Winona knew him a bit better and knew how to read him.

The look on his face wasn't good. It was obvious something had caused the tremor, and it bothered him that he didn't know what.

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike7 December 23rd 2019, 15:26

"There isn't much use in speculating, sadly. We have a job to do, we can only trust that the others are able to handle themselves." Winona said softly. She matched the increased pace, leaving the site of the combat behind as they moved deeper into the old fortress.
Shrike7
Shrike7
Timmy
Timmy

Back to top Go down

Post by SiphonTalvesh January 22nd 2020, 14:01

Clara sighed and nodded.

"Right, onward we go."

It was clear she was still a bit worried, though it seemed more to do with wondering if another tremor was going to hit and cause issues for them than anything at this point.

None of them were sure how long they walked for, but soon they were facing a slight uphill walk, which seemed a bit surprising, especially when they reached the 'end of the line'.

They finally reached a spot where the halls ended, and a single, large room stood. Only said room had Sunlight pouring in to it, and only a narrow stone walkway linking the hall to the other end of the room, which contained the device they needed, visible even from the distance they were at. The only problem though, was that on either side of the narrow walkway was a wide open, seemingly bottomless cavern. It had jagged rock as far as the eye could see down, and the bottom was not visible.

Clara took one look at it and sighed.

"Oh you have got to be kidding me. Remind me to give that old man a smack when we're done here. Seriously, a death gorge?"

There was a sound from Chris that might have been a half held back snort of amusement.

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike7 March 5th 2020, 19:18

Winona gave a low whistle, striding to the edge and peering down, unable to see the bottom. "I am not sure what this requires of your abilities. I am winning to make the attempt in your place, but if you like, I can also provide a safety line. It does seem worrying woth the shaking this place is suffering from, I admit." She said slowly, looking between the two.
Shrike7
Shrike7
Timmy
Timmy

Back to top Go down

Post by SiphonTalvesh April 26th 2020, 09:47

Chris stood there, trying to analyze the situation, but it ended up being Clara who made the first move.

"Well, it has to be something tied into my ability to become invisible, otherwise I'm sure that annoying Nicky boy would have already taken the piece from the other side. So if I'm right ... well, let's see."

Before either Winona or Chris could react, she casually reached out her arm and into the sunlight. The moment the light hit her visible arm, the cavern started to shake, and she yanked her arm back. Looking at them and taking a very deep breath, she allowed her arm to become invisible, while the rest of her remained visible. Then she again leaned forward, careful to only let the invisible part of her enter the sunlight coming in.

This time, there was no reaction, no tremor, nothing. She withdrew, while Chris let out a sound that might have been of intrigue, or admiration.

"Interesting, anything that blocks the light causes tremors in here. Yet when you're invisible ... of course, that's got to be it. This is meant to be done by only one with her abilities. I'm positive it was built with Nigel, your Grandfather, in mind, but where the power got passed on down to you ..."

Clara nodded.

"Now it falls to me, and I'm the only one that can cross that maw without bringing this whole place down on us. But wait, if this is what caused the tremors we felt earlier ...."

Chris sighed.

"Then there's something else down here with us, something that crossed into that sunlight that triggered it. Which means Winona and I are going to have to keep an eye out for any uninvited guests that try to crash your crossing party."

She turned to Winona, giving a slight semi smile, but it was clear the girl was steeling herself for the 'walk'.

"Definitely appreciate the offer, but it seems this is something I have to do alone. Just ... make sure nothing tries to cross and eat me, or bring the roof down on my head will ya? And let's hope whatever it is, it isn't something stupid like a bat. It'd really suck to come all this way and die because this place caved in on me because something like a bat or a bee triggers a landslide on us."

She took several deep breaths, calming her nerves before giving a slight shudder, and going fully invisible. The only sign of her passing was the audible sound of her footsteps fading off across the chasm.

After a few moments when she was out of earshot to hear them, Chris spared a glance at Winona.

"I hate to say it, but I have to agree with Watson. This is too easy, we're missing something in the grand design of things. I just can't figure out what it is, any ideas?"

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike7 April 28th 2020, 23:44

"Shame, but that makes sense. I suppose you won't be able to make use of a safety line, then. Good luck." Winona offered to Clara helpfully. "We'll make sure you're undisturbed, do not worry."

She kept a wary eye out as the girl disappeared and began her trip. Chris spoke, and she didn't turn to regard him as she answered, her tone bland and conversational. "Yes, it does seem rather simple, doesn't it? Perhaps there is more to it that we have yet to see. I suspect there may be a group challenge at the end of things, but I am not sure how it could be so and still prevent additional aid from interfering."
Shrike7
Shrike7
Timmy
Timmy

Back to top Go down

Post by SiphonTalvesh May 13th 2020, 11:33

Chris thought for a moment before responding, keeping his senses as heightened as he could without transforming.

"Not exactly what I meant, but my guess would be IF there is a group bit later, it'll be like what we're seeing now. Set up so that only those with their specific abilities could actually complete the tasks required. I just hope they aren't DNA coded or Clara may have trouble getting things completed."

He paused before sighing.

"No what I meant, and I'm fairly certain what Watson meant was ... This virus the Cabal unleashed. It can possibly be cured by the Source Blood. We know they have samples of genetic material containing it that they stole when Nikola tried to revive the vampire race. So with that being the case, why unleash a virus that's likely vulnerable to it when you could have modified it to infect even those with it? And if that was an intentional design flaw ..."

He trailed off again, growling slightly.

"If it was intentional, then they would have known we'd come for this remaining sample. Which means this entire thing could be a set up. They must know about this place, they had Helen's father for months and had him brainwashed into working for them. What if there's a team here, or on it's way that'll be in hiding until we get the full sample before attacking? We need to rule out an ambush before the final pieces are unlocked and available to them. Any chance you can spare some 'friends' to do some recon? Nikola and I will be useless in detecting them at this point, too many of us around to accurately pinpoint friend or foe, even fully transformed."

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike7 May 21st 2020, 22:33

She nodded, considering. "Do you think they are capable of engineering a virus that would not target the Source Blood they have to sample of? If that is true, the implications are quite distressing..."

"I could separate and search, but I am not skilled enough to maintain a part of myself in human form to do it. For a search of this scale, it is all or nothing, I am afraid. Fortunately, it seems warm enough down here that I won't suffer as I did above, at least. Do you think you and Clara will be alright without me, in that case?"

If he agreed, she would not, and follow a similar procedure as above, stripping off her cold weather gear for his safekeeping before collapsing into her swarm of spiders, skittering about and out of the room. She did her best to maintain stealth as she split herself up, keeping to the dark corners of the passageway as she sought out each passage, dividing herself further and further to try and search the entire complex.
Shrike7
Shrike7
Timmy
Timmy

Back to top Go down

Post by SiphonTalvesh May 22nd 2020, 01:59

He nodded.

"I think we have to consider it a possibility yes. Which reminds me, I need to talk to Helen when we get back about further responses to all of this. Clearly, we've been underestimating the Cabal ever since the Morgana incident. We need to stop underestimating them, and try to figure out what their endgame is, sooner, rather than later."

He paused for a moment before nodding.

"Yeah, I think we'll be fine, just meet us back where Nikola showed us that map then, and be careful. We don't know what else is down here with us still."

((Will give ya a chance to post something further before moving things along, it's getting time to move on to the next phase lol))

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike7 May 22nd 2020, 15:53

She nodded. "I'll keep some eyes here with you, just in case. Will do the same for the others I find, as well." She explained, and then she was gone.

((Not much else to post, She's spread out and looking, will keep eyes on all the group she finds, as well as anything that looks suspicious.))
Shrike7
Shrike7
Timmy
Timmy

Back to top Go down

Post by SiphonTalvesh May 26th 2020, 15:26

Chris nodded in acknowledgement before she left, keeping his own senses up just in case.

Winona found only a handful of out of place objects, though it was likely these were things Nikola had been messing about with during his time here as they didn't seem to be anything the Cabal would have had on them. Part of her would come across several more infected abnormals in the deeper parts of the fortress, though they were well off the paths of any of her group and unlikely to pose an immediate threat.

The most amusing part probably was when she found Nikola and Helen, as Nikola was finishing up his test. It seemed Gregory Magnus hadn't cared too much for Tesla, as the 'tunnel' he had to walk through blasted him on the way in, and, even after he'd acquired his piece and went to come back, it started blasting him again. After a humorous exchange between Helen and Nikola, the half vampire managed to make his way back to Helen, and they proceeded to her test, which briefly might cause some concern. Fortunately, it seemed Helen was up for whatever task was inside the sealed room, for she wasn't gone for very long, emerging with her piece. Tasks completed, the group set back for the main room.

Meanwhile another cluster of her would find Druitt, Watson and Will just finishing things up on their end. It seemed that whatever chafe was between Watson and Druitt earlier had been settled, as they seemed more amicable towards each other.

Other than that, the only other thing of note was when Clara made her way back to Chris and they started moving along. It seemed Chris had been wrong about the Cabal waiting here for them. Or was there something they were still missing? Something primal told her that both Watson and Chris were right, there was still something they were missing to the puzzle, but what?

Eventually almost everyone made their way back into the main room. Once inside, they took stock of themselves when, ironically, it was Nikola who voiced 'concern'.

"Wait, where's the invisible girl and why do you have the other chick's coat?"

Helen turned, a look of concern on her face before Chris responded. When he did, she nodded slightly.

"Winona is fine, doing some scouting around. Call it paranoia, but I feel like Watson is right, we're missing something here. Clara is ... safe. She's in hiding right now. Until I'm sure the Cabal aren't actually laying in wait for us here, ready to pounce, I thought it best to make sure not all five pieces were together. After all, they had your father for some time Helen, we have to assume they know about this place, and whatever trials he set up."

Druitt nodded himself.

"A wise precaution indeed. They could attack now anyway, but if they did they'd still be missing a piece, which would make it pointless for them."

Nikola for his part actually seemed impressed.

"John's right, that's a good move. So you think they specifically engineered the virus running about to be immune to the source blood so they could get their hands on the sample."

Worth noting was it was not phrased as a question.

Chris nodded.

"I think we have to assume that yes. We know they had minute samples of the source blood at one point, nothing they could use in any major way of course, but enough to do trials and tests on what diseases would and wouldn't be blocked by it. If you're going to create a virus like this to bring about the destruction of all abnormals, you don't leave it to chance that some might be immune to it. You either find a way to make it effective on them, or you get rid of any who might be immune to it quickly. Since as far as we know they haven't launched all out against us yet ..."

"That likely means they had a reason for using the virus now, as opposed to refining more, or launching an attack first. I agree, but that isn't the whole missing piece, I'm sure of it."

The last part from Watson as he cut in.

Chris nodded.

"Exactly. So until Winona shows up with an all clear, I think our best bet is to sit and wait."

"Agreed."

((And feel free to come back in Shrike, time to get this finalized and then move onward.))

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike7 August 29th 2020, 22:22

Her different swarms scuttled around the different passageways, finding the different groups and keeping eyes on them as they finished their tasks and returned to the main chamber. She could not find any other beings within the complex however, and so she began to recall her scattered self. She was beginning to reform just a few feet away from the group about the time Chris and Watson finished their chat, giving the group a smile once she had a face again, and looking to Chris for her coat.

"I could not find any waiting attack. If the Cabal plans on springing a trap, it does not appear to be here." She told the group, rubbing herself a little to warm up.
Shrike7
Shrike7
Timmy
Timmy

Back to top Go down

Post by SiphonTalvesh September 22nd 2020, 22:54

Chris handed over the coat to Winona, frowning slightly as he did.

"Interesting. I find it hard to believe we'd get so lucky, but perhaps they don't know about this place after all. Or they're planning something for later. Clara, go ahead and come on in, let's get this finished."

Clara became visible a moment or so later, moving in to the room with her piece, sighing.

"Right then. Let's get it over with."

Each of the five produced their pieces, placing them onto the device in front of them, which had a receptacle for each one. A slight sound was audible for a moment and then a mechanism came out of the roof, the vial becoming visible. Nikola started to step forward but John blocked him with an arm, shaking his head.

"I don't think so chap. I'd say Helen should be the one to take it from it's place."

Tesla blinked, then half nodded, stepping back a step or two and nodding his head slightly in Helen's direction.

Helen for her part seemed to be lightly amused by this, stepping forward and taking the vial from it's place. She opened her mouth to say something, but was cut off as the sound of something mechanical blowing out hit them, followed by a grunt of pain or shock.

Clara, the closest, and the only one directly facing the source of the sound let out a concerned sound, yelling out Watson's name as she darted towards him. By the time the others had turned to face him, it became evident he wasn't going home with them.

Watson had crumpled to the floor against one of the near walls, half laying, half sitting on the floor, his suit smoking. He also appeared to have aged over eighty years in a matter of seconds, resembling a man of well over one hundred years old than the seemingly thirties he'd looked like moments ago. From the looks, and sounds coming from him, it was clear he wouldn't live much longer, his breath coming in ragged, rough inhales.

((And will let you react first Shrike before wrapping this up and getting it back to the Sanctuary proper.))

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike7 October 4th 2020, 12:36

Winona visibly twitched when the sound of suddenly escaping gasses filled the room, turning in time to see Watson fall. She followed the others with a look of concern on her face, crouching down beside the man as he aged before their eyes. Her own gaze when to his mechanical vest, checking the damage for signs of tampering. As best she could tell, it simply appeared to be stresses over time, to be expected when taking it off for repair would result in exactly what was happening now.

"Rest well." She said softly, before stepping back. He knew the others better, it was best that he could be surrounded by them at the end.
Shrike7
Shrike7
Timmy
Timmy

Back to top Go down

Post by SiphonTalvesh December 2nd 2020, 18:45

Watson spared Winona a momentary glance, before whispering something to both Will and Chris, who were now the next closest to him.  A few moments later, he let out a final ragged gasp, and was gone.

There was, to say the least, varying levels of shock and sadness among the group.  Alice seemed the most horrified, almost as if she half expected a Cabal squad to pop out of thin air and reveal themselves to be the reason she'd just seen one of them die.  Juliara had closed her eyes, whispering something that it appeared only Helen, Nikola and Chris had actually heard based on their reactions, and the lack thereof from anyone else.

John was expressionless, but body language told Winona this had hit him hard, even if he'd not likely ever admit it.  Clara had closed her eyes, clenching her fists, though it seemed more a silent remembrance than anything else.  Nikola meanwhile was clearly in shock, perhaps not having considered this possible outcome.

Helen of course was clearly hit by it, though she was managing to keep her head about.  Even still, after a few moments she shook her head.

"He knew.  He knew the suit was failing and he wouldn't be coming back with us."

John nodded, finally speaking.

"I suspect you're quite right.  He sacrificed himself to help us rather than have the suit serviced again before it failed.  We need to be sure we stop the Cabal and use this vial to stop their virus, or it will have been for nothing.  I suggest we leave, now."

Helen shook her head.

"Agreed, but not before we give him a proper burial."

Clara cut in, a little bewildered.

"How?  The ground up there is going to be too cold to try and dig a grave for him.  Don't get me wrong, I'm all for it but ..."

"There's a place down here we can take him to and lay him to rest.  It was reserved for those of nobility among the Ancient Vampires.  We can lay him to rest there, and conduct a proper rite once the Cabal have been beaten back."

Helen looked over in disbelief at Nikola, who half shrugged.

"What?  Despite what you may think, and John's best efforts last year to make it so, I'm not without a heart Helen.  We may have all had our differences but in the end James was ...  he was family to us all."

Helen nodded after a moment.  Before she could speak, Chris cut in.

"Show me this place Nikola.  I'll carry him there.  Helen ...  I know you want to stay, but you need to take the others back to the Sanctuary and get started.  We need to make sure to make the most of what he's given us."

Helen looked at him, seeming about to argue the point before finally nodding.  "You're right.  But when this is over we're coming back for a proper send off, we owe him at least that much."

Chris nodded, while most of the others were preparing to leave.  However, when he looked over, Juliara had crossed her arms and was looking at him.

"I'm staying with you two.  If not for him I'd not have found you again before all this hits the fan.  I owe him that much to see this part through, and more."

After a moment, Chris nodded, lifting Watson's body.  "Very well.  Nikola, lead on."

((And giving you a chance to respond to see if you're heading back or staying for now here Shrike before moving this back to get the back half of this going.))

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike7 February 7th 2021, 21:52

Winona remained silent during the chat, not having a personal stake in Watson's passing. When the group began to split however, she spoke up. "I do not know if splitting up is wise. If there are cabal around here, it would be easier to come upon whoever remain behind unawares. Perhaps we could bring watson back with us, leave him in the medical wing for now, end give him a proper send off later?" She asked.

If the group did indeed decide to split up, she wound nod, and choose to stay with the Source Blood, heading back with the others.
Shrike7
Shrike7
Timmy
Timmy

Back to top Go down

Post by SiphonTalvesh February 15th 2021, 10:10

Chris thought for a moment before nodding.

"Winona's right, while it seems we're in the clear now, this would be an opportune time for the Cabal to spring something on us while we're ...  distracted and split.  And much as I hate to say it, Nikola could prove useful in finding a counter-agent to the virus, and probably should return with us sooner, rather than later."

Before anyone else could respond, it was John who brought forth a solution.

"If we're bringing him back home with us, might I suggest either Chris or myself make a temporary stop after returning us all?"

Helen turned to face him, tilting her head as she asked "What are you thinking John?"

"Perhaps a proper send off on his home soil would be best?  One of us could surely return him to England, to the Sanctuary there.  They could then prepare him properly for a proper burial when the time is appropriate.  I'd like to think I knew him well enough that he'd prefer to be buried close to home rather than half a world away."

There was silence for a few moments, while everyone mulled it over.  Finally, it seemed there was an agreement, as they began to move out.

((I'll make a post in a bit at the Sanctuary, there will probably be a slight time skip as well to put in position the next bit.  Need to consult with Wolf and some notes before I post though.))

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2