Juliara = red
Gwen = purple
John = blue
Watson = green
Clara = orange
Alice = lime
Will = brown
Unknown cyan

The entire team, over a series of teleport 'jumps', materialized in an area where the supposed Vampire Stronghold had once been.  As they did, Helen began looking around, frowning at the distinct lack of rubble indicating it had ever been there.  Clara emphasised this point a moment later.

"Right so um ...  this is the right spot, right?"

Helen sighed.

"This is where the map stated it should be yes, but there's only rocks."

Watson meanwhile had moved off to one side with Will, and they were looking at a strange looking rock.  Watson seemed to be pondering something, when Will suddenly blinked.

"Hey Dr. Watson, wouldn't their stronghold have been made from stone?  Doesn't that look like it might be the lip to a castle, but buried?"

After a moment, Watson smiled slightly.

"Yes, they would have been, and it does.  This may be one of the outer walls.  I think you're right, I think it may be buried below us.  The trick is to find a way down.  Perhaps near where the center would have been?"

Will frowned.

"We need another reference point, at least one, maybe two more edge sides to tell us where the outer markers would have been.  We need to get the others looking."

Watson nodded, and started to move forward, however something seemed off with him, or the suit, as he stumbled, barely catching himself.  He was close enough to both Winona and Sarah for them to notice as well, just as they'd surely notice when will went to check on him he waved him off, saying he was fine and he'd catch up.

Meanwhile Chris was walking with Juliara, the two looking and talking quietly, probably catching up.  Alice wasn't too far from them, seeming to shadow them and stay close to someone she knew.  Any glances over to her betrayed that she was absolutely terrified being in the open like this, and was trying to stay near someone she knew so she didn't lose it.  And for anyone who knew her past, who could blame her for being so scared?

Gwen meanwhile was off on her own, seeming to be looking around the area.

Last edited by SiphonTalvesh on October 22nd 2018, 13:12; edited 1 time in total

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Re: Tibet, unknown location

Post by Shrike7 on September 26th 2018, 11:24

Winona sent a concerned look to Watson as he stumbled, eyes drifting over the odd hints of the contraption he wore under his suit. He waved away help, so she moved towards Helen instead, crossing her arms to help ward away the cold.

"Search a large area for small clues. Sounds like the reason I'm here. Shall I?" She asked simply, smiling.

Once she had permission, she nodded, starting to remove her jacket, passing it to the woman. "Very good. Try to keep this warm for me. If I don't return in an hour, assume I want able to ward off the cold, and continue without me. I'll return in spring, or perhaps summer, if the weather here takes that long to thaw." She explained pleasantly, before she seemed to slouch a little, then collapse entirely. Spiders swarmed outwards from her, dozens, then quickly hundreds, possibly thousands. They scattered in every direction, avoiding the feet of the group as they spread around, slipping into the cracks between rock and snowdrift and vanishing from sight. There was little left of the woman herself, short the jacket Helen held and the matching snow pants and heavy boots a few feet away.
Shrike7
Timmy
Timmy

Back to top Go down

Post by lurker on October 11th 2018, 06:15

Sarah took herself a moment to double-check everything as they arrived, looking into that carpet bag of hers to double check everything before she really did much else. "Well, I suppose burying the place would be a good way of securing it," she can't help but deadpan, giving a shrug as she helps to try and figure out more of this place.

lurker
Timmy
Timmy

Back to top Go down

Post by SiphonTalvesh Yesterday at 13:11

Helen nodded, calling back to Sarah.

"True.  It's also been so long since the massacre here that this very well could be overgrowth on it's own.  It probably hasn't been touched or viewed much in centuries outside of my father's visit here."

It would take some time, but Winona would eventually locate another outer wall piece, almost completely buried, and seeming to have been damaged at some point, for part was broken off.  Based on what she'd heard Will and Watson talking about, that would put the center of the place just slightly off where they'd come in to begin with.

Gwen meanwhile had found some trinkets that appeared to be very old, deciding to pocket them.  Who knew what might be a vital clue to this?

The others continued their search, with Chris, Alice and Juliara moving back towards Sarah and the others, possibly to coordinate a more proper search.  Suddenly though, Alice froze in place, and one look at her told Sarah something had spooked the girl.  Really spooked her, as she'd turned several shades whiter than normal.  Her hands were shaking, and she looked to be trying not to run away in terror.  Juliara noticed first, and said something to Chris, who turned and started talking to her.  Sarah couldn't make out what he said to her, but Alice's response, the first time she'd spoke, might send a chill down her spine.

"Something ...  or someone ...  we're being watched.  We aren't alone out here."

Chris frowned.  He'd been aware of several creatures around, wildlife, but they would leave them alone.  He paused for a moment, carefully examining Alice and her reaction.  She didn't seem like a bear or wolf or anything would have spooked her like this.  No, there was something, human, or maybe abnormal out there somewhere that he couldn't sense.  If it were human, it might be the Cabal.  If it were abnormal ...  well things would get a lot more interesting if this place had been nested by some abnormal species.  Finally, he spoke, but the way he did it masked his true purpose.

"Everyone over here please.  We need to discuss how to find our entry point before the sun sets."

Something else was said to Alice, who nodded and shakily walked towards the designated point.

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum