The Hall of Botched Records
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resident Evil/Parasite Eve hybrid (with more!)

2 posters

Go down

Resident Evil/Parasite Eve hybrid (with more!) Empty Resident Evil/Parasite Eve hybrid (with more!)

Post by SiphonTalvesh April 22nd 2020, 21:18

So I've been toying with the idea of a Resident Evil + Parasite Eve mix type game, with a few elements from elsewhere. Both games are in the survival horror genre, and both have their own large scale following (although Resident Evil certainly has the larger following of the two).

So basically, the premise for Resident Evil is that the Umbrella Corporation, the largest Pharmaceutical in the world, has secretly been exploring the idea and use of Viral Bio-Weaponry, going so far as to create different creatures through intentional exposure and infection to a variety of viruses and parasites. Some of these creatures are incredibly strong, able to trash entire armies of armed people, while the basic ones are nothing more than flesh hungry, mindless zombies, and everything in between. For a time, Umbrella was able to keep their research a secret from the outside world. That changed in July of 1998.

S.T.A.R.S, or Special Tactics And Rescue Squad, was sent to investigate rumors of cannibal activity in the Arklay Forest on the outskirts of Racoon City. Bravo team was dispatched to find whatever they could about the situation, however, they suffered engine failure and their chopper went down. They split up, and while most of them managed to reach the Spencer Mansion, not all of them did. Cut off, and with no means to signal for backup, they fought against the terrifying creatures for survival. It wasn't until the following night that Alpha Team, under the command of Captain Albert Wesker, was sent in to locate the now declared M.I.A Bravo Team. Upon locating Bravo Teams helicopter, they discovered the pilot dead, his throat having been torn out. Before they could further proceed, Joseph Frost was attacked by a group of mutated canines and killed. The rest of Alpha Team had no choice but to retreat to the nearby Spencer Mansion, as their small arms fire did little, if anything to slow down the mutated beasts. And thus began a night of living horror for Alpha Team, culminating with the death of all but one of Bravo Team's members, and the death of Wesker, who was discovered to be an Umbrella double agent, or was he?

The team tried to warn the Police, but were written off, mostly due to the Chief of Police, whom many of S.T.A.R.S suspected of being in bed with Umbrella. Most of the S.T.A.R.S members left the city, with Umbrella actively looking to silence and terminate them. Only two, Jill Valentine, and Brad Vickers, remained behind in the city, though both were making plans to leave. Unfortunately, they weren't quite in time to make it out without problems.

On September 25th, rumors began circulating about cannibals making their way in to the city itself. While initially dismissed, by the following day, the 26th, it was clear something wasn't right. By that night, all hell had broken loose, as the zombie creatures began to overtake the city. By the dawn of the 27th, it was a full out warzone. Umbrella realized it was unlikely the virus could be contained, now that it had been released, but knew they needed valuable combat data, as they had lost their chance at it with the loss of the Spencer Mansion. They sent in their U.B.C.S, or Umbrella Bio-Hazard Countermeasure Service teams, hoping to buy time, and acquire combat data. But Umbrella also knew they needed to be rid of any incriminating evidence, as somehow, the Government had caught wind of possible involvement, and was preparing to send in a Delta Force team to find any evidence. As such, later that night, Umbrella dropped in their own Special Squad, codenamed Wolfpack, in an attempt to destroy said evidence.

By daybreak of September 28th, Racoon City was all but lost to the zombie creatures, and the ensuing bio-weapon mutations that accompanied the viral outbreak. Wolfpack and the Delta Force team engaged each other, but were driven apart by the emergence of another of Umbrella's Bio-Weapons, a T-103 Tyrant Retriever. Jill Valentine attempted to escape the city, but was pursued by another creature, code named, NEMESIS, a T-102 Seeker class Tyrant. By the end of the night, Jill had become infected with the virus herself, leading her former team mate Adrian to search for a rumored cure at a secret lab of Umbrella's.

After making sure she would be safe, he made his way back to city hall, where he would locate information on the secret lab. He'd make his way there that night, September 29th, which is where this game picks up.

As far as the Parasite Eve portion goes, the premise is that the primary character, Aya Brea, carries a unique mutation in her Mitochondria that allow her unusual powers. Her main foe is Eve, another being that has taken over the body of Melissa Pierce, with powers at least as great as Aya's, with the addition of being able to forcibly mutate other living beings, even re-animation of dead ones. As these events will be happening after the incident in Racoon City, I will not go in to too much detail beyond this point.

The RP will pick up at the point Leon and Claire enter the city and become separated and must make their way to the police station. This is essentially at the very beginning of Resident Evil 2. For now, if there are any questions as to content or story line, either directly message me, or I'd suggest looking online for youtube videos of the games, or even looking up walkthroughs such as on Gamefaq's. Be advised though that not everything will follow exactly how the game itself went, as there will be aspects of the original, the remake, and Operation Racoon City mixed in, not to mention some additions that will spice things up and allow my primary character to not always be in the mix at every single moment.

If you are interested, go ahead and state so here. When I have a bit more time, I will set up a character sheet for my primary character. Seretis will also be semi co-GM'ing this game, so he may beat me to the sheet setup. If so, go with that one. When I have time (Likely on Sunday at the earliest), I will post my primary sheet as well as any sheets I can complete that pertain to this portion of the RP. As time goes on and more characters are needed, I will post additional sheets if need be, and update them wherever the need arises.

As for character creation, you could be a R.P.D officer, or a former S.T.A.R.S member (if so, message me as there will be information your character would know that non S.T.A.R.S members would NOT know yet.) You could also be a scientist caught in this, or a doctor, or a regular civilian trying to escape. Really, the sky is the limit in terms of what you can create, so long as they'd have a reason to have been in Racoon City, or sent in. Perhaps your character could have been with one of the Army units sent to block the city off and is one of the few survivors from it.

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil/Parasite Eve hybrid (with more!) Empty Re: Resident Evil/Parasite Eve hybrid (with more!)

Post by Seretis April 22nd 2020, 21:55

As for me being a semi-co-GM... Mostly it's been me playing relay between Siphon and others, since I've had time while his work schedule's been a bit hectic recently. I've also done bits of research on things for him. Anything much beyond that will be kind of a "play-by-ear" sort of thing.

I'll have a character in on this.

YAY! Botched SAN check...
Seretis
Seretis
Admin
Admin

https://hallofbotchedrecords.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil/Parasite Eve hybrid (with more!) Empty Re: Resident Evil/Parasite Eve hybrid (with more!)

Post by SiphonTalvesh April 26th 2020, 09:51

OK so here is a sample sheet with no information entered to get us started. As I have time, I'll post up my characters, but feel free to not wait for me to finish them all as it may take a day or three.

Name: (Self Explanitory.)

Age: (While no "private funtimes" are allowed on the forum, many NPCs will be of law-enforcement backgrounds, primarily American LE. This is for knowing what 'gymnastics' will be required after the first incident. Recommendation of high-school ages minimum; 15-16 for US Education System.)

Physical Appearance: (Again, self-explanatory. Any clothing described here will be assumed to be worn at RP start, and will not have to be added to the Personal Belongings section.) If applicable, you can always post a clean picture using IMG fields to assist in the description.

Public History: (This is for publicly available information about your character's past)

Personal Belongings: (This is for owned items carried by your character at the beginning of the RP.)

Reason for Visiting: (This is for explaining how/why your character is present in the city at the start of the RP.)

Redacted History: (This is for telling GMs about not-so-public details about your characters. Classified history, special abilities, etc.) This should probably make use of the spoiler tags.

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Seretis April 27th 2020, 16:12

Name: Hayden Destin Strevos

Physical Appearance: Average height male, complexion light but showing hits of tan-ish coloration, black hair with stubble and grey eyes. Current outfit consists of travel-worn jeans, leather boots, a duster, an over the shoulder satchel, shoulder-holster, leather drop holster, and a wide-brimmed hat.

Public History: Hayden Strevos was found as an abandoned child, presumably an orphan, near the outskirts of Raccoon City during the late summer of 1968. (A tag attached to the baby's wrapping bore what is now his name.) Medical examination lead to the belief that the child was only about two months old at the time. While still young, he was diagnosed with hypersensitivity of both sight and hearing. This was treated nearly three years later. Around the time of his 18th birthday, Hayden received a letter with no return address. While the exact contents are as yet unknown, it apparently gave him enough information to identify his birth mother, a late Umbrella researcher named Maria Strevos.

As he grew up, Hayden found himself drawn to hobby-reading of history books and folklore. Later on, he discovered a small knack for vehicle repair work, as well as a marked tendency to go camping to try to, as he put it, relieve the stress of life. The knack for fixing things came to become his primary source of income, as he found employment with the Raccoon Police Department's Maintenance Division. After several years of service, Strevos was granted reserve status, due to his sharp hearing and eyesight, initially for the purpose of assisting with a difficult trafficking investigation. While the investigation was ultimately successful, Strevos received injuries resulting in an eighteen day long medically-induced coma. Immediately upon awakening, Hayden voluntarily resigned his reserve officer status. Shortly thereafter, he also took a medical Leave of Absence from the RPD Maintenance Division, as his childhood hypersensitivity condition relapsed.

During the L.O.A., Hayden was vacationing in Europe, when he completely vanished for a month. At the end of the month, he resurfaced back in Raccoon City, apparently having been undergoing a new treatment for the condition. Eventually, he returned to work, although in a limited, part-time capacity. RPD personnel noted a distinct uptick in the frequency of his sudden camping trips, often alone now. Over the course of the following months, it became clear that either the treatment was not entirely effective, or had some other side-effects, and Hayden eventually chose to take a medically related retirement from RPD Maintenance. He has maintained a residence in Raccoon City, however, and it has been suggested he has some manner of other income.

Hayden is known to speak multiple languages.

Personal Belongings: Replica Winchester Model 1897 level-action rifle in .44-40 Winchester, Replica Colt Single Action Army revolver in same, Colt M1911, ammunition for all three, handheld radio with police frequencies programmed in.

Reason for Visiting: Hayden returned to Raccoon City after hearing about the troubles while in Europe, mostly to grab a few personal items from his home.

Redacted History:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Seretis on May 20th 2020, 19:19; edited 2 times in total

YAY! Botched SAN check...
Seretis
Seretis
Admin
Admin

https://hallofbotchedrecords.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by SiphonTalvesh May 13th 2020, 12:23

Name:  Adrian Steiner

Physical Appearance:  Tall and slender, Adrian is currently known to be wearing Blue Jeans along with a plain black shirt underneath a Black Military Tactical Vest.  His appearance will change from time to time though.

Public History:  Adrian is a bit of an enigma.  According to his records, he is from Joplin, MO, and is the only living member of his family as of five years ago.  It seems his hometown was struck by a large tornado that killed his parents.  Beyond that, little is known about his younger days other than he attended Joplin Schools for education, and went to the University of Missouri at Columbia for college.  

Upon graduating from College, Adrian went into the Delta Force for a few years, where he learned different combat techniques, and further honed his skills as a combat medic.  However, for classified reasons, he left the military altogether after only three years.

After leaving the military, he returned back home before applying for a position with the S.T.A.R.S unit of Racoon City Police Department, located about 70 miles away and near the city of Springfield, MO.  He was placed on the Alpha Team as their combat medic due to his previous experiences after S.T.A.R.S expanded to have a second team early in 1998.  He would remain with that position until shortly after the early part of August 1998, when S.T.A.R.S officially was disbanded due to an incident in the nearby Arklay Mountains.

Despite this, it hasn't seemed he's hurting for money, suggesting he has some other source of income elsewhere.

Personal Belongings:  Upon arriving in the city, Adrian has a 9mm Browning Handgun, a .44 Magnum, and a Remington Shotgun.  He also has ammo for all of them.

Reason for Visiting:  Adrian lives in the city, but had left to get Delta Force involved for a fact gathering mission to prove Umbrella was responsible for the Arklay Incident, and now the outbreak in Racoon City.  He was going to return as a guide with the team that was eventually agreed upon to go in, but when word got back to him that his former team mate, Jill Valentine, was still trapped in the city, he took off, promising to help the Delta Team if they crossed paths in the city.

Redacted History:

Spoiler:

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SiphonTalvesh May 13th 2020, 12:41

An actual thread/subforum is now up for this. Link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Post your characters in the link above and keep an eye open for it to actually start up!

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum