The Hall of Botched Records
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disabled Klarnell Vessel in Orbit of Velokian Planet

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Disabled Klarnell Vessel in Orbit of Velokian Planet - Page 2 Empty Re: Disabled Klarnell Vessel in Orbit of Velokian Planet

Post by SiphonTalvesh April 21st 2022, 10:31

Siphon smiled slightly, seeming to have an idea as to what was going on even as the Necron made her move. He casually stepped back a fair distance, motioning the others with him to do the same. As the floor began to eat away though, he nodded appreciatively.

"Even more effective than the replicators, nice. And yes, I'm wondering exactly how they got this thing to work. Only thing I can think of is massive power generation to it, which should have caused a massive power bleed off. It may actually have it's own power source, which does actually present it's own ... concerns."

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Disabled Klarnell Vessel in Orbit of Velokian Planet - Page 2 Empty Re: Disabled Klarnell Vessel in Orbit of Velokian Planet

Post by Shrike7 April 21st 2022, 22:18

Yes, I suspect that as well. It is the way of many mortal being to simply attempt pouring more energy into a problem. Inefficient and inelegant." Ossuaria noted flatly. Beneath her, the scarabs worked, deconstructing the floor and repurposing the metals with small flashes of green energy. Soon enough, the gap was large enough to see the contents below, the scarabs working deeper, eating away more material to clear space while leaving electronics and support structures in place for now.
Shrike7
Shrike7
Timmy
Timmy

Back to top Go down

Post by SiphonTalvesh June 9th 2022, 08:14

There was a small nod of agreement from Siphon before the space cleared enough to view their 'prize'.

It was smaller than one might expect, some sort of spherical device with carvings on it, tied directly in to a device that was clearly Necron in origin. These in turn were routed into what appeared to be a small power source of some kind, though the moment Siphon laid eyes on it, he blinked.

"Well I'll be damned. If that's what I think it is, we definitely need to be careful about disconnecting this thing. That looks like a micro singularity generator, similar to what I've been working with and testing out on the Nasara. Essentially, for those that aren't familiar, it's a black hole in a bottle. It looks like it's directly tied in to these devices, probably a dedicated power source, but why they'd need that much power just for this thing is beyond me. These symbols on the sphere part though ... they're Vorian, but they have nothing ... Of course."

He pulled out a small device, scanning the object for a moment before shaking his head.

"Chronometric values indicating a negative number. It's been pinched from somewhere in the future, though not too far along. Maybe two years from now tops, it's signature is close to what it should be for 'today', but not quite."

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike7 October 2nd 2022, 20:34

Ossuaria let out a burst of static from her vocalizer that seemed almost disappointed as they all looked down at the device. "A crude imitation, at best." She said sourly, reaching down and clasping metal digits around the device, electricity sparking over her as she tore it free of the power cabling and mounting brackets that held it in place. "Still, it may hold some insight."
Shrike7
Shrike7
Timmy
Timmy

Back to top Go down

Post by SiphonTalvesh October 12th 2022, 12:39

Siphon blinked slightly as the Necron simply ripped it out of it's housing.

"Uh ok ... interesting. We should probably be having issues right now yet we aren't. I wonder ..."

He began tinkering with one of the consoles that still had power, and seemed to have been tied in to the device that had just been 'extracted'. At first he seemed slow with it, like he was trying to figure things out on how to work it, but after a few moments he started working on it with a speed that suggested familiarity with the system itself, something that would probably catch both Ossuaria and Ian's attentions.

After a few more moments, he allowed himself a small smile, but it almost seemed bitter.

"I hope you remember how that was connected in approximately. I think I just figured out what it's for, and why they needed so much bloody power for it, not to mention why all this other crap is tied in to it. I also think I can manage to ... duplicate it and turn it against them."

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike7 October 26th 2022, 19:50

"Inefficiently? Though with such a poor mimicry as this, perhaps it would explode if they put the power required for full functionality of the original into it." Ossuaria deadpanned, dropping the device onto the console beside Siphon. "Do with it as you wish, It is not what I seek."

Instead, she turned her gaze briefly to the scarabs that had eaten through the bulkhead to reveal the device. They had been skittering nearby in an apparent standby mode, but with her attention, their glowing power sources flashed and they left back to the hallway, continuing their resource collection elsewhere where they would not cause a nuisance.
Shrike7
Shrike7
Timmy
Timmy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2