The Hall of Botched Records
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unknown Milky Way Planet (Space and Planet Side)

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Unknown Milky Way Planet (Space and Planet Side) - Page 2 Empty Re: Unknown Milky Way Planet (Space and Planet Side)

Post by Seretis December 14th 2018, 11:24

Even as the last of the group passes through the Ground Bridge, a thunderous voice seemed to erupt from out of the back of the entry hall.
"FOOLS! Your greed has only untethered your destruction!"

Once back in the "control center", the first thing that the group would notice is that the giant sphere was displaying a greater number and variety of symbols and images, as well as cycling through them at a markedly increased speed. While a few things had shifted around along the edges of the room, it was mostly unaltered, and nothing seemed to be changing.

After the group had all gotten through and clear, the Ground Bridge closed, and Ravage disconnected and transformed back into his robotic panther form. Quint was still apparently monitoring data from the ring. A number of extra symbols and images flashed across the section of the sphere that faced the group. Meanwhile, Victor's armor suit was reentering the room from the direction that he'd headed in earlier.

((For the bellowed voice... Imagine the line being delivered by the former pro wrestler known as "The Ultimate Warrior".))

Last edited by Seretis on March 13th 2019, 17:01; edited 1 time in total
Seretis
Seretis
Admin
Admin

https://hallofbotchedrecords.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Unknown Milky Way Planet (Space and Planet Side) - Page 2 Empty Re: Unknown Milky Way Planet (Space and Planet Side)

Post by SiphonTalvesh January 2nd 2019, 19:32

Once back in the control room, Siphon looked over at Ravage, shaking his head.

"OK, I think I'm starting to put two and two together here. But ... just how damn big man?"

((Not revealing so Copper's characters can ask some questions too.))

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Copper March 12th 2019, 21:00

((Honestly, nope, I got nothing. Though I appreciate you guys, y'know, not shoveling on without me. Carry on and I'll cut in when I stop getting distracted by shiny things.))
Copper
Copper
Timmy
Timmy

Back to top Go down

Post by Seretis March 13th 2019, 16:58

As if responding to Siphon's quesiton, the sphere rapidly displayed a number of symbols and images, seeming directed at him.

Meanwhile, Victor's armor disengaged and transformed back into it's stored state, with Victor himself grabbing a pair of items from it and stowing them, almost like weapons. He also spoke up. "Probably better use your avatar. I think I'm the only one here that knows how to cityspeak... Although how I know that..."

Apparently, he'd been addressing the sphere, as the patterns of images and symbols on the sphere returned to its previous state, and the air in-between the ring and Siphon flicker, rippled, and then solidified into a dark-skinned human male in what appeared to be some manner of military uniform, who spoke up in a deep voice. "Ah, yes... I did forget that, didn't I? As to your question... The entire facility is my body, so quite large."

((Lauter's holomatter avatar is patterned off of General James Solomon, so that will give an idea of how he looks and normally sounds.))
Seretis
Seretis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SiphonTalvesh March 17th 2019, 12:47

Siphon paused as he listened to the hologram avatar, nodding his head slightly.

"Yeah, just a little on the above average size for what I've seen before."

He chuckled slightly.

"Boy, Baal and his troops really didn't think things through."

Aya meanwhile blinked slightly, finally realizing what the place was only now.

"Just how long have you been here?"

Siphon shook his head slightly.

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Seretis March 23rd 2019, 17:57

Lauter's avatar stretched slightly. "I was in stasis lock for much of it, so I can't say for certain... But I'm fairly certain it should probably be measured in epochal terms."

Meanwhile, Victor was working on one of the terminals... And chuckled about something. Then he spoke up. "I'll have the bridge ready to go back over to the Nasara in a moment... Might want to review things when you get back over."

The avatar shook his head slightly, then added, "Stand by... I will be shifting again soon."

Last edited by Seretis on May 6th 2019, 14:44; edited 1 time in total
Seretis
Seretis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SiphonTalvesh April 30th 2019, 18:30

Siphon nodded in response to Victor, seeming to just be taking everything in.

Aya meanwhile shook her head.

"It's amazing no one else discovered you before now, or your city form at least, if it's been that long.  Stasis lock though?  Something similar to our own stasis I wonder?"

She'd explain how the Ancient Stasis worked if needed to him to allow him to better answer.

Meanwhile Siphon chuckled slightly.

"Actually not all that surprising.  No power emissions, or at least none detectable.  There's barely any resources in the crust of the planet, nor is it the most hospitable atmosphere outside.  Survivable sure, but not to the point of being interesting enough to explore in most cases.  Even though the planet is within Gou'ald territories, there simply wasn't anything here that they could see that would have drawn them to this planet, no reason to come down.  Until now."

He frowned slightly, then added, "which is why I'm puzzled why dipshit was here.  I can understand when your 'cloak' dropped being detected but ...  he'd have to have already been in this solar system or within a few light years already to have even detected anything.  Gou'ald sensor systems aren't that powerful to detect much more than five light years away, even if it was a major power surge.  Which means he was nearby in the area already, in territory that used to be Cronus'.  He also had a large fleet with him.  Well, large for a Gou'ald in disgrace anyway.  Even if he were scouting for supplies and technology left by Cronus, there'd be no reason to commit that many ships to a scavenger run.  So why was he close enough with so many ships?  We're missing something, and I don't think I like the prospect there may have been something else he was around here for and just jumped at an opportunity he saw.  Victor, you've been around here longer with Ravage, can you think of anything that might have had him around here with that many ships before you even dropped the cloak?"

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Seretis May 6th 2019, 14:50

Lauter responded, "The stasis lock, for us, is essentially a paralytic coma. We can't move or shift, and our consciousness is... impaired at best. Often times, we are completely unaware. As for not discovering me... My holomatter screens still functioned. When all that can be detected are mountains, who would think that a living colony ship is there?"

Ravage replied to Siphon's questioning, as well, "Turdnugget was looking for something... Hidden science base of some kind, judging by what I could pick up from his comm-traffic. We definitely weren't it, but he apparently couldn't pass up the chance for a new fortress once the fields dropped."

Meanwhile, Victor started working on what could be guessed as the controls for the Bridging technology.
Seretis
Seretis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Copper May 7th 2019, 04:53

Lilith's doing her level best to follow the conversation, picking up the important parts, anyway. "So either this Baal was expecting trouble or he was expecting a large-scale excavation. Maybe a little of both. At least you've managed to distract him from his original purpose and, from the sound of things, you've severely cut his resources, which hopefully means he's going to bug out and we'll be free to look for whatever he came here for while he's recouping his losses?" The last part is decidedly a question, though from the banter between the two men, whatever's there is likely too important to ignore. "Maybe we can pool knowledge and narrow down the search radius. What can you tell us about Cronus?"

"And Baal for that matter," James adds. "We got a little cut short when our friends decided to come and play. Maybe we can figure out what they'd both be after around here."
Copper
Copper
Timmy
Timmy

Back to top Go down

Post by SiphonTalvesh May 8th 2019, 15:01

Aya sighed slightly.

"Well that makes sense Lauter, but I don't like the fact you picked up he was looking for a science base. If it's one of ours, or an Asgard one ... we definitely don't want him getting his hands on it. From what I know of him, he likely would find a way to make the place work."

Siphon nodded.

"Most likely yes. As for your questions Lilith and James ... I'll give you the abridged version. The Gou'ald used to take hosts by force. The Gou'ald itself is a parasitical symbiote. Unfortunately a very intelligent one as well, though primarily they would scavenge for technology. Cronus was one of the old system lords, from before the majority of the Gou'ald did away with the old ways and became more like the Tokra. Cronus was old and powerful, one of the seven strongest Gou'ald for centuries. He used to control the territory around this sector, ruled with an iron fist. He was killed a number of years ago by one of Earth's first teams to use their Stargate."

He paused for a moment, looking over towards Jack, and, seemingly trying to anticipate a reaction or question from her, he added, "and no Jack. There are major differences between the Gou'ald and the Tokra. While the same species, the Tokra were founded on the idea of a true symbiotic relationship, refusing to take an unwilling host, even to the point of allowing themselves to die rather than be with an unwilling host. For thousands of years they opposed the Gou'ald, systematically trying to overthrow them and free the enslaved populations, including the Jaffa who were their servants. Eventually, they managed it, though the Replicators and the Ori had their fair share of ... input in it all. And as for myself ... Talvesh is a different being altogether. Suffice it to say his species originally started as a potential genetic enhancement for one of our allied species, only they misjudged and the symbiotes became sentient. The two species were able to broker a mutual agreement that stood until the destruction of their homeworld. Talvesh, the one you spoke with earlier ... is the last of his kind. I took him in willingly when his previous host was betrayed and murdered. The original idea was to bring him home to reveal all that had happened, vital intel, but we ... had an accident. Suffice it to say it was an electrical discharge that fused our nervous systems together. Quite literally, neither of us would live more than a few hours without the other, if even that long."

He sighed, figuring it might explain a few things, but also knowing based on the reaction earlier, it probably would do little to soothe her 'disgust'.

"Baal on the other hand ... he can't make up his mind if he's going to follow the new system lord rules or not. He's smart enough normally to avoid doing anything stupid enough to draw fury, though personally I think he's been shown far too much leeway. Unfortunately, he's extremely smart with technology. He once figured out how to cause the entire stargate network to shut down when Earth tried to shut his own gate down with a virus. Ironically, he was also a vital part in stopping the replicator incursion to this galaxy, he figured out how to make all the Stargates dial at once in the entire galaxy. He's got access to at least some advanced technology, we know he's acquired Asgard beaming technology, and rumor has it he may have once been working with, or had some form of relationship with Nirrti."

Aya groaned.

"I think I might be sick after hearing that."

He nodded slightly.

"That's about how I felt when I read that report. Unfortunately, this could mean this hidden base might have once been one of hers. If that's the case, it's imperative we do not let him find it. I really don't want to see if he can figure out Nirrti's genetic experiments and continue them. Anyway, at last report, Baal had a rather sizeable fleet for a non aligned Gou'ald. There was a sizeable chunk of it here, so we definitely, or rather I should say Lauter's defenses did a good job of setting him back a while. He'll withdraw for now until he can recollect his forces, but it's a safe bet to say he'll be back sooner or later. And next time, he'll probably bring some of the left over Kull warriors from when he allied with Anubis. I'll rig up something for your weapons James so that if we encounter them, you'll be able to fight them effectively. The Kull warriors have a form of energy dampening armor on them, makes them completely impervious to normal weaponry, even bullets. They're also a bit too close to being undead for my liking."

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Copper July 24th 2019, 06:51

James sort of leans over to Lilith and stage-whispers "What's a Nirrti?" to her, which results in him getting an elbow to the ribs. He grunts and puts his attention back on Siphon as he starts talking about the Kull.

"Eh, everything dies if you hit it enough," Grunt snorts. "Or burn it long enough. Or drown it. Feed it to a Tyranosaurus." Worth noting, Grunt was unaware of the temporal anomaly that resulted in just that. He seems to be just listing off ways to dispatch enemies.

Jack still doesn't seem pleased with his explanation. He gets the idea that she's not going to do anything to him or Talvesh and probably wouldn't do anything to any others that they come across--at least not without cause--but given the young woman seems to have an independence streak a mile and a half wide, even the notion of a symbiotic relationship doesn't seem to set well with her.

"So we'd best make the most of this window while we have it," Lilith states. "Get in and get out before Baal gets back." Seems she's heard enough on their adversary for the time being. "What about biotics? You said the Kull's armor has energy dampening abilities. Would they be impervious to those as well or, well, I'd imagine you likely haven't tried. You've got something similar but I've noticed a vast difference. Also, we can modify our weapons to handle incendiary ammo or ones that even make use of Jack's biotics."

"Or just have a little extra kick," Grunt adds with a chuckle.

"There is that. Just saying, that way if there's anything similar, we won't require the modifications."
Copper
Copper
Timmy
Timmy

Back to top Go down

Post by SiphonTalvesh July 24th 2019, 11:32

Siphon paused for a moment.

"Honestly, I'm not sure about that."

He turned to Jack.

"Your biotics are on a level never truly considered for use, so it's entirely possible they would be effective. At the very least more effective than traditional weaponry, especially since I've seen one of these thing survive a point blank, blown up in your face self destruct from an outpost powered by a Nevaria Generator. Basically, it survived taking the equivalent of fifty 10,000 megaton Nukes right to the face without missing a beat. We were able to come up with a weapon that can penetrate the armor, and with a little tweaking with some of the knowledge I picked up from the Ori and retained ... we may be able to break down it's armor and expose it to your incendiary ammo."

He paused for a moment, then added, "Your technology works differently from what Anubis made them to be impervious to though. I'd say give it a shot, and we'll have something rigged up for you as backup just in case. Never hurts to have a backup plan. But if your weapons do work on them ... well let's just say I'd be very much alright with that."

Aya sighed.

"Of course for any of this to be practical, we have to find what he was looking for to begin with. And I'm afraid I don't know the location of every single place we would have had, and that's even assuming new ones didn't pop up after I was left in Atlantis."

Siphon paused for a moment, an idea seeming to click with him.

"Lauter, if I gave you an exact frequency to look for, how far could your sensors actually extend out? I'm assuming they'll be more powerful than the ones on my ship, may be able to save some time this way, if you're willing?"

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Seretis August 7th 2019, 12:10

Before Aya sighed, Victor spoke up. "If all else fails, I'll just P.O.K.E. them again."

Ravage's response to that comment looked surprisingly similar to a "Picard facepalm".

In response to Siphon's question, the sphere lit up again. After a moment, Lauter replied, "After all of the disuse, I'm afraid the range of my sensors is somewhat limited at the moment. Likely only about three sectors or so, if I really pushed on them. I should be able to isolate a particular frequency relatively close, though."
Seretis
Seretis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Copper August 29th 2019, 19:37

"If nothing else works, I'll just toss them. Go ahead. Be invulnerable. Twenty miles away." Whether her biotics are actually that powerful or not remains to be seen, but the idea is there and it's very similar to tactics Ian uses. If the Kull are floating in the air, there's a good chance they're not going to be able to attack. And if they're flung away, then that will give those fighting them a momentary breather to reassess their strategy.

"Thankfully, unless they're capable of adapting on the fly, we can test their vulnerabilities with my rifle," Lilith states. "We can test the concussion and incendiary ammo at long range and see how it affects them, then we won't have to worry about covering our asses if things get up close and personal."

"Aw, where's the fun in that?" That from Grunt.

"Because not all of us have spare body parts, Tiny," counters James.

It's not entirely clear but it sounds like Grunt mutters "Wuss" under his breath. Regardless, the Normandy crew seems quite willing to throw down at whatever Baal decides to throw at them.

There's no objection to taking the time to scan, even if Lauter's abilities seem a bit hampered. They seem more than willing to wait and see if he turns up anything.
Copper
Copper
Timmy
Timmy

Back to top Go down

Post by SiphonTalvesh October 7th 2019, 15:56

Siphon turned and blinked at Jack, then grinned.

"I love that idea Jack.  I'd love to see that actually, that'd be rather fun to watch."

He turned to Lilith and nodded.

"Right, that works.  The only real worry is their wrist fused weaponry, but with recent events, I think I have a way of nullifying that aspect.  Though before I do I'm going to need to sit down and check with the rest of your team on something, especially you Jack."

He turned to her and added, "It seems my abilities are becoming somewhat ...  electrical energy in nature.  I'm not sure if that would have any affect on your biotics or not.  Last thing I want to do is unleash a blast like I did on Mirvik's planet and cause it to have an adverse affect on you."

Aya snorted.

"Somewhat?  Dear, you're like that character in that human game Mortal Combat.  The hell was that thunder guy's name?"

Now it was Siphon's turn to snort.

"I'm gonna have to talk with Grant about getting you into those games.  Raiden, god of thunder.  And I'm nowhere near that level."

Aya slightly dipped her head in acknowledgement, though after he had turned away to work with Lauter and Jack had replied, Jack and Lilith might catch her whisper softly, "Not yet.  You will though."

Working with Lauter, he input the frequency to scan for, which would take a short time, enough for other conversations to be wrapped up...

((Giving Copper a chance to respond before we move this along.))

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Seretis October 7th 2019, 17:34

The sphere in the middle of the room cycled slightly, but he responded quickly. "Nothing is showing as nearby on that frequency for me."

Meanwhile, Victor opened up the Bridge. "Okay, that will get you guys back over to the Nasara's bridge." After getting that done, he moved over to a different console and began working different controls.
Seretis
Seretis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Copper November 24th 2019, 03:13

"Nothing like tossing the bad guys around like rag dolls." Jack smirks. And there's no doubt she can and probably would do it, too. She'll listen to his explanation about the basis of his powers and shakes her head a little. "Near as I can tell electricity doesn't affect...well, in so much as whether or not it's affecting me. It's not going to scramble my biotics unless you're actively trying to electrocute me. Then there's more than my powers getting scrambled there. So don't try it." It's a half-threat more brought on by her surly attitude than her actually thinking he's going to.

"Eh, no arms, no...arms," Grunt chuckles. Didn't seem like what he was going to say originally but he seems pleased with his observation and suggestion.

Aya might catch the raised brow that indicates Lilith heard her but the Commander isn't going to call her out on it, not with Siphon right there. Might be a conversation for a more private setting, though.

"So, we gonna use the ship to look for this doohickey?" James asks. "Can probably cover more ground than what's here. Provided you got the right probes or can skim the surface in that thing," he chuckles.
Copper
Copper
Timmy
Timmy

Back to top Go down

Post by SiphonTalvesh December 9th 2019, 11:30

Siphon half smiled back at Jack.

"Definitely not something I'd dream of trying. I just hope proximity to me when I let loose a blast isn't going to be problematic."

Aya for her part did catch Lilith's reaction, briefly mouthing when we're back to her before turning back to the others.

Siphon nodded his head to James.

"I think that should be our plan of action. Once we're back on the ship I'll contact Peltas to let them know of our intentions and to inform the rest of your crew."

He turned back to Victor for a moment.

"I'm guessing you won't be coming with us. What are you going to be doing in the event we need to reach you?"

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Seretis December 9th 2019, 13:52

Victor smiled slightly. "Like I said... Just review a couple of things when you get back over. It should explain quite a bit."

Lauter's avatar shook his head slightly while watching Victor, then turned to address Siphon. "I will establish contact with... Peltas, I believe you call it... and arraign a more consistent communication channel, if need be."
Seretis
Seretis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SiphonTalvesh December 18th 2019, 14:53

Siphon nodded.

"Very well. Until we meet again then."

He'd have the group step through the bridge, and they'd be on their way.

((Posting in the Nasara Thread Copper, we'll continue whatever side convos are needed there.))

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2