Calgary Sanctuary, Canada

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Calgary Sanctuary, Canada

Post by SiphonTalvesh on November 19th 2017, 06:55

Helen was silent for a long moment before responding.

"An interesting development. I'm not sure I entirely agree with using a serum, but we may have no choice. Regardless, the priority right now is to find a way of stopping the infection. If we can't, it won't make any difference if you succeeded with your attempt or not."

It didn't take long for John and her to finish their work, and shortly after, the shield went down.


"Shall we get going then? I fear time is one thing we don't have much of."

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Posts : 252
Join date : 2017-11-03
Age : 34
Location : An Ori Mothership

Back to top Go down

Re: Calgary Sanctuary, Canada

Post by lurker on November 20th 2017, 17:50

Sarah nods, giving a frown herself as her fingers tap the desk. "Indeed. We'll worry about that only if we need to." She hums. "Any ideas to deal with the infection then yet? Big Guy's still stuck up here too as well."

lurker
Timmy
Timmy

Posts : 18
Join date : 2017-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Calgary Sanctuary, Canada

Post by SiphonTalvesh on November 21st 2017, 20:47

"We're going to try a sample of Chris' blood and see if we can create a cure from that. If not, I'm afraid we may have to head to Budapest, and get creative. There is still an untainted pure sample hidden away there, though it won't be easy to re-acquire."

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Posts : 252
Join date : 2017-11-03
Age : 34
Location : An Ori Mothership

Back to top Go down

Re: Calgary Sanctuary, Canada

Post by lurker on November 22nd 2017, 14:40

Sarah sighs, and gives a simple nod. "Understood, I'll try to keep watch on this lot, and give updates if things get any worse." She slides back into her chair, gently looking over to the current situation. Hopefully, Big Guy and Miranda could hold up for this long, if not more...

lurker
Timmy
Timmy

Posts : 18
Join date : 2017-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Calgary Sanctuary, Canada

Post by Seretis on November 22nd 2017, 15:58

Michael suddenly frowned, then held a figure up. "Just had a thought... Maybe it wouldn't hurt to check a sample of my blood. While I extremely doubt it'd have any effect on the infectuous agent, it could be rather useful to know if I'm vulnerable or a potential carrier."

_________________
Time to see how badly this idea ends up turning out...

YAY! Botched SAN check...
avatar
Seretis
Admin
Admin

Posts : 227
Join date : 2017-10-31
Age : 32

http://hallofbotchedrecords.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Calgary Sanctuary, Canada

Post by SiphonTalvesh on November 26th 2017, 14:02

Magnus paused for a moment before nodding.

"True. Follow me then. Sarah, make your way up to this level carefully, we'll talk more when you and John get here."


Meanwhile Chris and Gwen entered the Sanctuary just as the lockdown seemed to end.

((Not sure if Guyver is coming back or not so leaving it open for now.))

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Posts : 252
Join date : 2017-11-03
Age : 34
Location : An Ori Mothership

Back to top Go down

Re: Calgary Sanctuary, Canada

Post by lurker on November 28th 2017, 06:22

"Wait, if you want me up... that means I need to turn off the lockdown, right?" Sarah seems hesitant. "Though I suppose I could turn it off, then one of us stays here to turn it back on again..."

lurker
Timmy
Timmy

Posts : 18
Join date : 2017-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Calgary Sanctuary, Canada

Post by SiphonTalvesh on December 9th 2017, 12:11

"Main lockdown is already off Sarah.  Only that room is sealed now, and we control that from here now.  Once you and John exit the room, I can remotely seal it back up."

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Posts : 252
Join date : 2017-11-03
Age : 34
Location : An Ori Mothership

Back to top Go down

Re: Calgary Sanctuary, Canada

Post by lurker on December 16th 2017, 03:39

"Understood then. On my way," Sarah replied simply, and she nods to John, waving him out as they leave the two to their quarantine.

lurker
Timmy
Timmy

Posts : 18
Join date : 2017-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Calgary Sanctuary, Canada

Post by Seretis on December 25th 2017, 18:19

Michael remained silently as he followed. Already, it seemed like his mind was on something else.

_________________
Time to see how badly this idea ends up turning out...

YAY! Botched SAN check...
avatar
Seretis
Admin
Admin

Posts : 227
Join date : 2017-10-31
Age : 32

http://hallofbotchedrecords.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Calgary Sanctuary, Canada

Post by SiphonTalvesh on January 1st 2018, 19:53

While Helen took the sample she needed to run her tests, Druitt and Sarah managed to make their way to the rest of the group without incident.


Meanwhile Chris, Alice, Zale and Gwen made their way inside, nearing the rest of the group, but not there yet, and not being close enough to run into Sarah or Druitt.

((Short I know, but get's stuff back running.  Still no word from Guyver so for now going off they aren't coming back.  Will create a sheet later for Alice, for now all that I can tell you for sure is she's immune to being electrocuted.  I'll have an explanation on that ASAP.))

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Posts : 252
Join date : 2017-11-03
Age : 34
Location : An Ori Mothership

Back to top Go down

Re: Calgary Sanctuary, Canada

Post by lurker on May 28th 2018, 20:42

((...I feel like an idiot. Coulda swore we were waiting on someone else at this point. :S Sorry)

Sarah quickly moves to the room, giving a sigh and a ruffle of her hair as she made it to the doorway. "Ugh... as if this couldn't get any worse. What's the current situation?"

lurker
Timmy
Timmy

Posts : 18
Join date : 2017-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Calgary Sanctuary, Canada

Post by SiphonTalvesh on May 29th 2018, 22:18

Helen thought for a moment before responding.

"All things considered, it could be a lot worse. Right now it looks like you and John were able to get things contained. So far there are no other reports of anyone else falling ill within the Sanctuary. Also, Michael, I've run the tests several times on your blood. No reaction to the virus at all. It would appear you are immune, or your biology is different enough to not be affected at all. No traces of an anti body we could use though I'm afraid."

Before Sarah could respond, a voice she recognized interjected. It was Chris.


"Antibody for what? The hell is going on here?"

If she looked, she'd see he had two women with him. One she'd met before, Gwen. Gwen was electrically charged, and always was wearing a skintight rubber suit to keep from accidentally jolting people.

The other girl, a relatively slim and average height brown haired woman, she did not recognize. This woman must have been the one Gwen had been trying to assist when she'd left two weeks ago.

((Right now assuming Guyver is not coming back. If they do, I'll edit accordingly.))

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Posts : 252
Join date : 2017-11-03
Age : 34
Location : An Ori Mothership

Back to top Go down

Re: Calgary Sanctuary, Canada

Post by lurker on May 30th 2018, 05:08

"Well, thanks for small miracles..." Sarah sighed. And then she jumped a bit as Chris suddenly arrived, turning to face him. "We've had some form of virus issue. Two people infected, two casualties. Downside is the infected are Big Guy and Minerva (name right I hope...), and Minerva has a... condition, that could further complicate things. Either way, they're down until we can cure them."

lurker
Timmy
Timmy

Posts : 18
Join date : 2017-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Calgary Sanctuary, Canada

Post by Seretis on May 30th 2018, 14:31

Michael gave a slight nod at the initial result, then snorted at the latter part of it. "Of course things can't be that simple."

_________________
Time to see how badly this idea ends up turning out...

YAY! Botched SAN check...
avatar
Seretis
Admin
Admin

Posts : 227
Join date : 2017-10-31
Age : 32

http://hallofbotchedrecords.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Calgary Sanctuary, Canada

Post by SiphonTalvesh on June 11th 2018, 16:27

((Miranda, close enough Razz))

Chris sighed.

"Great, let me guess, the Cabal. And if that means what I think it does Sarah ... then that complicates things. Her entire metabolism will be in a hyper-accelerated state, meaning this disease will be running rampant through her much faster than normal, ans Medusae already have hyper-metabolism's to begin with."

"Unfortunately true. Chris we're going to need to test a sample of your blood. If that doesn't work we'll need to go to plan B."


Chris nodded.

"Go for it. Wait ... Plan B? You don't mean ..."

"I'm afraid so."

"Oh man, is your Dad, and Watson going to be pissed."


Meanwhile, Sarah and Umbral would both feel a little ... odd the moment the brunette walked in. It was only just noticable, but even still, something about her changed how they had been feeling up until she had walked in to the room.

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Posts : 252
Join date : 2017-11-03
Age : 34
Location : An Ori Mothership

Back to top Go down

Re: Calgary Sanctuary, Canada

Post by lurker on June 11th 2018, 21:00

Sarah groans. "Exactly. The only reason I found her was I was trying to figure out surrogate ways to solve that issue, then I found the box from the virus and here we are."

As the other woman entered, her eyes blinked, and if anything she went further on edge, trying to understand just what had happened, but she didn't say anything, holding her tongue.

lurker
Timmy
Timmy

Posts : 18
Join date : 2017-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Calgary Sanctuary, Canada

Post by SiphonTalvesh on June 12th 2018, 21:59

Chris sighed.

"I wish you the best with that. I have a few ideas but we can discuss them later."


Meanwhile Helen took the blood sample as Chris sat by waiting. Gwen seemed to be less fidgety than was normal for her, then again from what Sarah had heard she'd been shot and wounded pretty badly, so she probably wasn't at 100% just yet.

The new girl though remained a mystery. Something was ... unique about her, yet neither Chris or Gwen seemed to be on edge regarding her. She did however seem to be tired, seeming to be almost nodding off in the corner of the room. Also of note was the fact she seemed to be trying not to let herself stand out too much, seeming to prefer to remain silent for now. Sarah might get the impression she was either shy, or there was something about her that made her stay silent, possibly out of fear.

She'd heard stories of people other than the Cabal capturing abnormals and either experimenting on them, or trying to harness their abilities for themselves. Perhaps she'd gone through something like that and was still in a shell, or perhaps she was afraid it would happen to her. Either way, if not for the strange sensation going through her, Sara might not have even noticed the girl, that was how much she was trying to remain out of the picture.

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Posts : 252
Join date : 2017-11-03
Age : 34
Location : An Ori Mothership

Back to top Go down

Re: Calgary Sanctuary, Canada

Post by Seretis on July 3rd 2018, 21:59

Michael's breathing seemed to shift just slightly when the new girl walked in, but didn't seem to react much more than that.

He did, however, comment on Chris and Magnus' discussion. "So, I'm going to guess that 'Plan B' is about a 7 or 8 on the Bad Idea Scale, then?"

There was a sudden cock of his head again, very briefly. Then only the most observant might catch the faintest flicker of a smirk before it got suppressed back into Umbral's almost constant bland expression.

_________________
Time to see how badly this idea ends up turning out...

YAY! Botched SAN check...
avatar
Seretis
Admin
Admin

Posts : 227
Join date : 2017-10-31
Age : 32

http://hallofbotchedrecords.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Calgary Sanctuary, Canada

Post by lurker on July 4th 2018, 18:51

Sarah glances between the various people as they speak up. "...I'm not gonna like any of this at all, am I?"

lurker
Timmy
Timmy

Posts : 18
Join date : 2017-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Calgary Sanctuary, Canada

Post by SiphonTalvesh on July 8th 2018, 15:09

Chris hesitated a moment, looking at Helen who sighed and nodded to go ahead and tell them.

"More like an 11, and probably not Sarah. Long ago Helen, Watson, Druitt, Clara's Grandfather Nigel, and Nikola conducted an experiment, injecting pure, untainted vampire blood into themselves. The idea was to become an abnormal to have better insight into their minds and understand them better, however, as most of you know, the Cabal want to either control all abnormals, or eradicate them if they can't. Shortly after the five, as Magnus' group was called, injected themselves, Gregory Magnus and Helen spoke with regards to the dangers of the source blood being available to anyone, and being in anyones hands. They agreed it should be hidden away, and while the location isn't a secret to the five, Gregory made absolutely certain that no single one of the five could retrieve the key pieces needed for the source blood vial."

He paused, shaking his head slightly.

"Each of the key pieces, as I understand it are tied to a very specific test or trial, each one focused on the latent abilities of each of the five. This was done to ensure that no single one of them could manage to get the sample alone. Unfortunately, this also means that only the five, or one with their specific abilities could actually complete the trials."


At this point John cut in with the part Sarah wouldn't like.

"Which could be a major problem if I truly did kill Nikola last year. The only other one who might be able to complete his trial would be Gwen, and even then, that's only if Gregory didn't key it specifically for a vampire to even activate it."


((Now for the part that'll surprise Sarah as she does NOT know this about Chris.))


Chris sighed, hesitating a moment before finally speaking again.

"Actually, that might not be completely true. Gwen can maybe survive the electrical part of it, hard to say, but even if it's keyed to respond only to a vampire activating it, we've got that covered."

"The source blood may give us our powers, but none of us transformed into a vampire Chris, only Nikola did."


Chris shook his head.

"Also not true. You've forgotten there's another with vampire DNA and vampiric abilites John. Me."


Even Gwen blinked in surprise, startling the new girl when she piped up, "Shit, well that explains why I didn't fry you when you touched me."

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Posts : 252
Join date : 2017-11-03
Age : 34
Location : An Ori Mothership

Back to top Go down

Re: Calgary Sanctuary, Canada

Post by lurker on July 9th 2018, 20:42

Sarah rubbed her temple during all this discussion, giving a sigh. "So end of the day, vampiristic powers or some sort of match to a situation. UGH." She pauses as Chris and John speak up again, making her gaze lock to Chris as she frowns. "Welllll... that makes things slightly easier. Slightly, I'm sure."

lurker
Timmy
Timmy

Posts : 18
Join date : 2017-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Calgary Sanctuary, Canada

Post by SiphonTalvesh on July 9th 2018, 22:26

Chris nodded.

"Potentially yes. We won't know until we try, and try we must. I'll make the call to get Watson here and get him Helen. Get everything we'll need and figure out who's going and who's staying. John ... get ready to ferry."


John grimaced slightly, nodding in agreement but staying silent as Chris walked out of the room. After a moment, seemingly not sure what she should do, the new girl turned and quietly followed Chris out, seeming to be almost unsure of what to do. Almost immediately after she had left, the odd feeling Sarah and Umbral had experienced earlier went away. Whatever it had been, she definitely was the cause of it, possibly without realizing it. The question was, what was her deal?

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Posts : 252
Join date : 2017-11-03
Age : 34
Location : An Ori Mothership

Back to top Go down

Re: Calgary Sanctuary, Canada

Post by Seretis on July 10th 2018, 12:40

Michael grunted in response to the information.

As Chris left, the man seemed to slip into a posture that suggested deep thought, possibly reviewing the information just learned.

((We're going to need to talk at some point before you respond, Siphon.))

_________________
Time to see how badly this idea ends up turning out...

YAY! Botched SAN check...
avatar
Seretis
Admin
Admin

Posts : 227
Join date : 2017-10-31
Age : 32

http://hallofbotchedrecords.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Calgary Sanctuary, Canada

Post by SiphonTalvesh on July 16th 2018, 18:00

Helen sighed and set about making plans, while John meanwhile walked out of the room, seemingly not happy. Henry just shrugged and started working on something, while Gwen decided it was time to go get some rest, looking a little pale. Probably for the better she rest while she could if she was going to get stuck with Tesla's test.


That left Michael, Sarah and Henry in the room for the time being.

((Gonna give them a chance to talk if they choose before I bring on Watson and a special guest.))

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Posts : 252
Join date : 2017-11-03
Age : 34
Location : An Ori Mothership

Back to top Go down

Re: Calgary Sanctuary, Canada

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum