Nox Home World

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Nox Home World - Page 2 Empty Re: Nox Home World

Post by SiphonTalvesh on July 16th 2018, 18:04

It proved a good thing Mordin was keeping track, for several of the predators immediately went after Kaidan, though it would be easy to take them out as they were staggered just enough in timing to allow him to target them.

However, one of them managed to sneak in, and started dragging Lyra away! It might have managed it if not for Talok breaking off his attack and shooting it.


Meanwhile the suspended Klarnell was having none of this. It flailed about in anger, then suddenly there was a bright flash of light, and what looked like an ice crystal jutted out of the ground, looking to impale Kaidan!

Talok, seeing it yelled out to Kaidan, "Look out!"

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Posts : 315
Join date : 2017-11-03
Age : 35
Location : An Ori Mothership

Back to top Go down

Nox Home World - Page 2 Empty Re: Nox Home World

Post by Copper on August 5th 2018, 07:48

Mordin is alternating between shooting at the creatures and blasting them with his omni-tool, switching between one and the other, usually while waiting for the omni-tool to run through a short recharge cycle. Given that both Kaidan and Lyra appear to be the primary targets, he continues to watch the Major's back and draw attention to any more of the beasts attempting to haul off the unconscious woman. Thankfully, with Talok on the latter, he can continue to put dents in their numbers.

The ice spike results in a startled squawk from the human and his instinct to dodge is a bit stronger than the active thought that's keeping the Klarnell suspended. Still, reflex is a funny thing and as Kaidan makes to physically throw himself back from where the spike is appearing, the creature is mentally thrown in the opposite direction. It might not be as bad as if he had consciously used his biotics to perform the action but there's a good chance the creature was going to get thrown into a tree or at least need some time to recover from the fall, which would hopefully give the trio a second to breathe and recover.
Copper
Copper
Timmy
Timmy

Posts : 71
Join date : 2017-11-08
Location : I can see your house from here!

Back to top Go down

Nox Home World - Page 2 Empty Re: Nox Home World

Post by SiphonTalvesh on August 12th 2018, 15:54

The creature was thrown back into a smaller tree, actually snapping it in half from the impact, causing said tree to fall on it. Several of the predators make a leap for Mordin as he was now open to attack, but it seemed that Talok at least had anticipated that, and was blasting them with his weapon.

Meanwhile more of them seemed to be coming from somewhere else ....

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Posts : 315
Join date : 2017-11-03
Age : 35
Location : An Ori Mothership

Back to top Go down

Nox Home World - Page 2 Empty Re: Nox Home World

Post by Copper on August 16th 2018, 21:03

Kaidan recovers, if but clumsily, his back-pedaling helping him to stagger to his feet and making certain that he's putting himself in closer proximity to Mordin so the two of them can watch each other's backs. He factors Talok into the equation and makes more of a triangle so they can watch for their assailants from better angles.

"We're starting to get overwhelmed here, chief. You know somewhere we can pull back to? Get our backs to a wall so they're not coming at us from all sides?"

If they are going to cut and run, Kaidan will carry Lyra, since he doesn't need his hands free, leaving Talok and Mordin to handle blasting the enemies. If they're going to make their stand where they are, the tactics are primarily the same: Lift, throw, freeze, boom.
Copper
Copper
Timmy
Timmy

Posts : 71
Join date : 2017-11-08
Location : I can see your house from here!

Back to top Go down

Nox Home World - Page 2 Empty Re: Nox Home World

Post by SiphonTalvesh on August 26th 2018, 16:15

Talok yelled back to them, "The city perhaps, but it's odd the other Nox haven't stepped in yet to banish these things. Something is very wrong!"

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Posts : 315
Join date : 2017-11-03
Age : 35
Location : An Ori Mothership

Back to top Go down

Nox Home World - Page 2 Empty Re: Nox Home World

Post by Copper on August 28th 2018, 20:45

"Can we get back up there? Or contact the city somehow? Lyra said something was blocking her. Maybe we need to get out of the area."

"Tactical retreat might be best option," Mordin cuts in. "Enemy numbers are getting problematic." Though he doesn't announce it, the Salarian is using his omni-tool to scan for different frequencies. It's one of those instances of not quite knowing what he's looking for but hoping to find something based on theories being thrown around.

Seems like Kaidan might want to just get somewhere else. If the enemy were keeping them from getting out--or the Nox from getting in--then getting away from the enemy might be the best course of action. Granted, it seems like the big guy might be the one they want to get away from, since the others seem more like shock troops.
Copper
Copper
Timmy
Timmy

Posts : 71
Join date : 2017-11-08
Location : I can see your house from here!

Back to top Go down

Nox Home World - Page 2 Empty Re: Nox Home World

Post by SiphonTalvesh on August 29th 2018, 10:45

"If we can ditch big tall and asshole over there, yes there is a spot. Alternatively vould try for the gate, but they may pick us off while we dial it. Either way, yes, distance away would be preferable right now!"


This said as Talok blasted another of the 'shock troops' dead, hissing as he did. A cut had appeared on his arm, one that should have rendered the arm useless. However, if anyone saw even for a moment, they'd see the wound already sealing back up, repairing itself.

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Posts : 315
Join date : 2017-11-03
Age : 35
Location : An Ori Mothership

Back to top Go down

Nox Home World - Page 2 Empty Re: Nox Home World

Post by Copper on September 2nd 2018, 16:32

Both men are used to having allies that regenerate in combat and having someone that you don't have to slap medi-gel on is a good thing, especially in a firefight this intense.
"You lead the way. I'll see what I can do about putting more distance between him and us. Mordin--"
"Keep firing. I am aware."
Even burdened with Lyra, Kaidan's still moving. His intention is to try and grab the Klarnell again and use his biotics to fling him as hard and far away from them as possible in whichever distance is opposite the one Talok intends to lead them. Mordin is, of course, providing cover fire, sometimes literally.
Copper
Copper
Timmy
Timmy

Posts : 71
Join date : 2017-11-08
Location : I can see your house from here!

Back to top Go down

Nox Home World - Page 2 Empty Re: Nox Home World

Post by SiphonTalvesh on September 24th 2018, 20:11

Talok nodded, picking his way through the foilage expertly, making sure to keep the others in sight, and firing when needed to be rid of the Predators trying to cut off their escape.

The Klarnell was flung in a direction away from them, roaring in anger as it vanished.


As they kept moving, their foes seemed to thin out, enough the others might be glad. Abruptly though, Talok stopped, his slitted eyes narrowing as he muttered several sounds that were likely curses.

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Posts : 315
Join date : 2017-11-03
Age : 35
Location : An Ori Mothership

Back to top Go down

Nox Home World - Page 2 Empty Re: Nox Home World

Post by Copper on October 30th 2018, 23:32

Both men will stop when Talok does, slightly relieved that their enemies are thinning out, though when they realize their ally is cursing, it's Kaidan that speaks up.

"We're surrounded, aren't we?" He's ready to toss up a biotic shield if he has to, there being the potential for him to extend it around the others as well, but there's no guarantee it's going to stop whatever's coming at them.
Copper
Copper
Timmy
Timmy

Posts : 71
Join date : 2017-11-08
Location : I can see your house from here!

Back to top Go down

Nox Home World - Page 2 Empty Re: Nox Home World

Post by SiphonTalvesh on November 21st 2018, 08:01

The creature roared in anger as it's feet left the ground, flailing about uselessly. Almost as if on queue, the predators ALL started making a beeline for Kaidan, as if somehow the creature before them could communicate with them. Perhaps it could?

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Posts : 315
Join date : 2017-11-03
Age : 35
Location : An Ori Mothership

Back to top Go down

Nox Home World - Page 2 Empty Re: Nox Home World

Post by Copper on December 13th 2018, 23:47

"We need to get somewhere that we're not so exposed," Kaidan states, the biotic shield that's normally around him starting to expand into more of a dome. It's clear it's not something that he's going to be able to keep up for an extended period of time, but it might give them a few minutes breathing room to plan their next move. Mordin seems to be fiddling with his omni-tool and since the creatures do seem susceptible to fire, that's likely what he's programming it for. Or he's researching video of the fight. Or he's running a comparative scan of the predators versus known fauna of this universe. Or he's doing all three because Salarians are like that. "You got any way to communicate with the city? I mean, hell, even if we have to set half the forest on fire as a flare, I'm down for that because we need out of here." That, of course, from Kaidan to Talok, given he also seems to be getting a bit battle fatigued.
Copper
Copper
Timmy
Timmy

Posts : 71
Join date : 2017-11-08
Location : I can see your house from here!

Back to top Go down

Nox Home World - Page 2 Empty Re: Nox Home World

Post by SiphonTalvesh on January 2nd 2019, 19:38

Talok hesitated for a moment.

"If we can get somewhere where I can focus for a few moments, I can telepathically communicate with the Nox, but there's still the matter of stopping this thing. Not all of the Nox live in the city, and I find it odd it even got this far without the Nox using their abilities to send it back or make it vanish. Which could mean it's somehow immune to them, which wouldn't be good for us. Follow me quickly, I think there's a spot nearby, though we'll need to slow these predator things down some to outpace them."


Meanwhile, Mordin wouldn't find anything on record even remotely resembling the creature, although if his device could react blood without a physical sample in it, it might detect that at least some of it's blood seemed to match that of a bat. Research of the video though proved more useful, as he might notice the things reacted to what they were doing before it physically was visible. Which meant somehow it could sense their movement before it became visible. And given how they had precisely zeroed in on them, with no apparant eyes ... could this thing hunt by sound or some other extra sense?

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Posts : 315
Join date : 2017-11-03
Age : 35
Location : An Ori Mothership

Back to top Go down

Nox Home World - Page 2 Empty Re: Nox Home World

Post by Copper on March 12th 2019, 21:11

"I can try and keep this up. It won't be perfect, but provided we don't have to move at too heavy a clip, hopefully it'll give us a bit of a breather."

There's a brief moment when Mordin's eyes narrow, having taken in the actions of the creatures during the fight. "Entirely possible our foes use some form of echo-location to know where we are. Likely why biotics appear to be most effective. If it were possible to mask movement with sound, or to jam their sonar with counter-noise or highly reflective surfaces we could out maneuver them."
Copper
Copper
Timmy
Timmy

Posts : 71
Join date : 2017-11-08
Location : I can see your house from here!

Back to top Go down

Nox Home World - Page 2 Empty Re: Nox Home World

Post by SiphonTalvesh on March 17th 2019, 13:00

Talok's eyes bulged as Mordin spoke, and they could almost see the mental wheels turning in his mind. After a moment, he had a small smirk on his face.

"Mordin, is there any chance that tool of yours could be converted to let loose a continuous blast of ultrasonic frequency sounds? If they hunt by sound, or echolocation, we might be able to overload their senses and freeze them per se with the right frequency. Then we could either pick them off quickly, or put distance between us if it works."

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Posts : 315
Join date : 2017-11-03
Age : 35
Location : An Ori Mothership

Back to top Go down

Nox Home World - Page 2 Empty Re: Nox Home World

Post by Copper on May 7th 2019, 05:13

"Will need time to--"
"Don't talk. Just do," Kaidan barks.
"Will need time." The phrase comes out somewhat coolly but it's more Mordin letting the other two know that they're going to have to cover him while he converts one of the tools more basic functions to something with a little more offensive capability. Kaidan tightens the shield around the three of them, giving him less of an area to concentrate on, mostly relying on Talok to shoot any of the things that might get too close.
It's not immediately obvious when Mordin finishes his hacking of the omni-tool. If there are any predators in the vicinity, that might be their first clue. If not, he'll announce that he's "got it" and that they should continue their retreat most expediently.
((Figure omni-tools can produce video and sound. It probably wouldn't take much for him to gurry-rig something like what Talok wants.))
Copper
Copper
Timmy
Timmy

Posts : 71
Join date : 2017-11-08
Location : I can see your house from here!

Back to top Go down

Nox Home World - Page 2 Empty Re: Nox Home World

Post by SiphonTalvesh on May 8th 2019, 16:53

The predators swarmed the area after several moments of 'peace'. Talok and Kaidan would be able to hold them back for a few minutes, but it was clear they were about to get utterly over run. One of the predators made a leap, trying to break through the shielding when suddenly it went rigid, freezing up in mid air and dropping to the ground. All the predators in the area likewise froze, unmoving.


Talok let out a strange sound that might have been a laugh before walking over to one of the nearest predators and blasting it in the face. It crumpled dead instantly. However, before he could say anything, an energy blast came flying out of the jungle, and the roar of the angry Klarnell could be heard near by.

"Guess it doesn't work on him. Three on one though now ... I like these odds so long as it doesn't have any nasty tricks to use."

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Posts : 315
Join date : 2017-11-03
Age : 35
Location : An Ori Mothership

Back to top Go down

Nox Home World - Page 2 Empty Re: Nox Home World

Post by Copper on July 24th 2019, 05:24

"Probability likely," Mordin states, given what they've seen of the Klarnell so far. He also takes out a sidearm and begins dispatching their helpless foes.
"Yeah, well, if we don't have to worry about the grunts, then I can keep him up in the air long enough for you to get some shots into him. Hopefully." Kaidan still hasn't dropped the shield, though he's 'relaxed' it a little, giving them a bit more breathing room now that the predators aren't so much of a threat. He's keeping an eye out for their enemy, definitely not wanting it to get the drop on them. Of course, if it's pissed off enough to be shooting at them already, strategy likely wasn't high on its priority list.
Copper
Copper
Timmy
Timmy

Posts : 71
Join date : 2017-11-08
Location : I can see your house from here!

Back to top Go down

Nox Home World - Page 2 Empty Re: Nox Home World

Post by SiphonTalvesh on July 24th 2019, 11:05

Pissed off didn't begin to cover the beast's rage. It had never truly been challenged before, and as a result, it wanted blood. But with it's pets no longer responding to it's commands, it knew it needed assistance. And so from a distance, it began firing off shots, trying to keep the three at bay while staying out of sight, beginning to work on something on it's wrist...


... and moments later, just outside of the shield another anomaly opened up, roars similar to that of the Klarnell audible within moments, and what appeared to be figures moving towards the opening.

Talok cursed.

"This is going to get ugly .. fast. We need to ..."


He was cut off as a sudden bolt of what seemed like lightning came down, striking the open anomaly even as three more Klarnell emerged. The blast sent them flying, even as the anomaly seemed to 'shudder' flickering for a moment before mostly collapsing in on itself, still there but apparently sealed. As the first of the Klarnell got to it's feet to fire on the trio, there was another flash of light, this time an energy bolt crashing right into it, beginning to electrocute it. Even as it did, a glowing white shape vaguely resembling that of a humanoid body appeared from literal thin air, the lightning currently frying the Klarnell before them emanating from it.


Talok blinked and let out a, "well holy shit ..."

SiphonTalvesh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Posts : 315
Join date : 2017-11-03
Age : 35
Location : An Ori Mothership

Back to top Go down

Nox Home World - Page 2 Empty Re: Nox Home World

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum